When you’ve owned a home for quite some time, you would have already known that plumbing issues come in different shapes and sizes. However, not everyone has had the opportunity to live in their own house for a long period. It’s when homeowners get a taste of having their own home for the first time that they are acquainted with the various types of plumbing issues. Of course, this also includes having to call an emergency plumber in some occasions. From simple leaks to major flooding issues, the problems will vary from one household to another. Here are some of the most common plumbing issues that you might encounter:
Common plumbing issues you should be aware of
- Dripping faucets – almost everyone you know has seen or experienced having a dripping faucet at home. It’s commonly caused by worn-out faucet parts especially the gasket. Sometimes gasket replacements are available. However, it’s only for select models. Dripping faucets would need a complete replacement to fix. Of course, you might need to call a plumbing contractor to get this done if you haven’t got the tools or knowledge to do so.
- Clogged sink drain – a clogged sink drain isn’t the most pleasant thing to experience especially if you’re trying to wash dishes on the holidays. There are a bunch of causes for this. First, your garbage disposal unit might be clogged if you have one. Another reason is the grease buildup in your pipes. This often causes the sink drain to backup. Lastly, there could be a foreign object that got lodged down the drain without you knowing.
- Clogged bathroom drain – just like with the kitchen sink drain, the drain in the bathroom could experience the same issue. Again, the causes are quite similar, of course. If you don’t have the faintest clue as to what caused the blockage, you can attempt to do repairs on your own or simply call a Myrtle Beach emergency plumber.
- Clogged toilet – you might already have a good idea about plumbing issues right now. Most of them involve blockages and leaks. That’s simply how things go with plumbing. It’s a system of interconnected pipes, valves, and other components to move water from one place to another. A clogged toilet is one of the common issues you would encounter. However, this is a relatively easy problem. If the problem is a blockage, a plunger is often your best solution.
- Faulty water heater – water heaters range in size and capacity. There are water heaters that require a boiler to operate while others provide hot water on the go. The one thing they have in common though is that they can both run into issues such as not provide the hot water when you need it. It’s during this time that you need to call MBHS Plumbing for immediate repairs. Dealing with a hot water problem in the fall or winter can be terrible. It’s best to have it fixed right away to prevent any more inconveniences.
Call MBHS Plumbing if you need professional help for your plumbing concerns whether it is about installation, repairs, or upgrades.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577