According to a local plumber, the most common part of the house that has the most number of plumbing problems in the bathroom. The reason for this is probably because it is used several times on a daily basis; thus, it is more prone to various types of plumbing problems. There are lots of problems that can occur in the bathroom. These include clogged drains and toilets and low water pressure in the showers.
Industry experts believe that the best and most effective way to maintain the plumbing system in the bathroom is through preventive maintenance. Doing extra work in maintaining and cleaning your bathroom will help extend the lifespan of your bathroom fixture and avoid costly, time-consuming plumbing repairs.
Here are some helpful tips from your local plumber in Myrtle Beach to help you effectively maintain your bathroom’s plumbing system.
To avoid clogged drains:
- Pour hot water down the drain at least once every week. You do not have to do this more often because there are no greases and oils that go down your bathroom drainage, unlike what happens in your kitchen drains. The hot water will effectively loosen any buildup of dirt and debris, including hair strands and accumulated soap scum.
- Fit your tub and shower drain with suitable strainers. These have been found effective in preventing hair strands and other debris from falling straight down the drain. On the other hand, do not forget to regularly clean the drain and remove the accumulated dirt; otherwise, you risk flooding your bathroom.
- Avoid flushing other things and waste down the toilet. These include used tissues, cotton balls, makeup pads, and diapers. These should be thrown in the wastebasket and not in the toilet. You should know that these will easily clog the toilet.
To clean showerheads:
- According to your local Myrtle Beach plumber, showerheads are at high risk of getting clogged when minerals from your water build up in the showerhead. These do not come out along with water because the holes in the shower heads are too small for them. Here are some tips to help you clean your showerheads.
- Unscrew the nuts from the showerhead using an adjustable wrench or a pair of pliers. You may want to wrap the jaws of your tools before using them on the showerhead to avoid scratching or damaging the finish.
- Remove the showerhead and use a thin wire to gently clean the outlet and inlet holes. Flush the head with clean water to ensure there is nothing left covering the holes.
For stubborn and difficult items to remove clogs and dirt, consider soaking the showerhead in a bowl of vinegar. Leave the showerhead in the vinegar overnight for the best results. This will provide the vinegar lots of time to loosen the accumulated minerals in the holes of the showerhead. Clean the showerhead by flushing it with water before reassembling it. If all else fails, call MBHS Plumbing for the results you need.
For best results, consider working with a trained and experienced plumber to help you maintain your plumbing system. Call MBHS Plumbing today at (843) 353-6283.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577